Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For All My Arthritic Friends


I have arthritis in both wrists and hands and carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists. Sometimes I find it hard to hold anything of any weight in my hands because my wrists can't support it. I was in the market for a new kettle because I drink alot of ginger tea for my tummy.

If you have tummy or intestinal troubles, julienne a 1 1/2" piece of fresh ginger in a pot, fill with enough water for 3 cups of tea and boil. That's it! Can be drunk as is or with honey if preferred. I like just the plain ginger and water. This tea works well for lungs too.

I was having difficulty lifting the pot at times and could not lift it at all on occasion. I needed something that worked better for what I needed. What you are looking at is a Chinese herbal pot.

The handle is extremely well placed for pouring and causes no extra strain on my wrists. The pot is some sort of earthenware and is lightweight. On a bad day when I cannot lift the pot to pour out my tea, the mouth of the pot is wide enough to ladle the tea out into my cup.

If you are having the same problem with your wrists and hands, you might want to try this. Did I mention they are also half the price of an on-top-of-the-stove kettle?

I just love mine. Now I can keep my pot full of ginger tea and be able to drink it too!

No comments: