Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Readers, Please Help


I thought I would remind my loyal readers that there are links on the right-hand side of the page that help others at no cost to you.

Cause2.com and thehungersite.com are "click to donate" sites. aidtocildren.com and freerice.com are word games. For every correct answer you donate a very small amount of rice to the third world.

All four sites are excellent ways to help others without it costing anything. I try to visit at least one site a day. Every little bit helps.

If any of you know about other sites that help those in need, please let me know and I will establish a link to it.

I feel the world would be a better place if we all felt a responsibility to help others less fortunate than us. Our efforts don't have to be large or newsworthy - consistent small donations add up in time.

Please click.

1 comment:

kathi said...

I was really glad to see the title of this blog but you left off something - clicking on ads to support our favorite blogger. She's too modest to ask for herself, friends, so I'll do it for her. Philippa puts a lot of time and effort into this site to bring us things I rarely see elsewhere. We can help her by clicking on the ads on the right side. That is what I spend my time doing. I know the others (rice for hungry, etc.) are worthwhile but there are other sites where I do things like that. Here, I spend my time on the ads that will help support the site. She pay per click is minuscule, so I come every day and click as many as I have time for. I'm asking you to do the same. :)